2022 Summer Tutorial Series (Syllabus): Machine Learning: Applications and Practices, and Introduction to Meteorology
- Dr. Xu Yuan
- Dr. Li Chen
- Dr. Nian-Feng Tzeng
- Dr. Sytske Kimball
- Dr. Eric Rappin
- Watching video clips: What happens when the sun hits the Earth's Surface?
- June 15 - Lecture 3: Feature Selection. Slides and Video Record
- June 16 - Q&A
- June 17 - Lab 3: Coding for Feature Extraction. Sample Codes and Video Record
- Watching video clips: Where weather affects us: The Boundary Layer?
- June 22 - Lecture 4: Machine Learning for Twitter Classification. Slides
- June 23 - Q&A
- June 24 - Lab 4: Coding for Each ML Algorithm. Sample Codes and Video Record
- Watching video clips: Severe Weather
- July 6 - Lecture 6: Theory of Deep Learning. Slides and Video Record.
Introduction of Mesonet and WRF-HRRR data. Slides.
- June 7 - Q&A
- July 8- Lab 6: Coding for LSTM and CNN (continued). Sample Codes and Video Record.
- Watching video clips: Measuring the Weather with Instruments and Weather Stations
- July 20 - Lecture 8: Machine Learning Model for Temperature Inversion Prediction. Slides and Video Record.
- June 21 - Q&A
- July 22 - Lab 8: Running Codes for Weather Prediction Modelets with Mesonet and WRF. Macro Model Sample Codes and Video Record.
- Watching video clips: Observing Weather with Radar
- July 27 - Lecture 9: Tweet Classification via Neural Network. Slides and Video Record.
- June 28 - Q&A
- July 29 - Lab 9: Reporting. Video Record.